Notify Message
Forums
Page 1
Search
#13812229 Jul 11, 2018 at 12:05 PM
Commander
2098 Posts


Sentinels!

Word has reached us from Ashenvale of unprovoked Horde aggression along our southern and eastern frontiers. Details are scarce, confused, and contradictory. But should they prove even slightly true, this could signal the beginning of renewed conflict on Kalimdor.

I have thus been ordered to send two full-strength companies of our regiment, one of nightsaber riders and one of hippogryph riders, to bolster our defenses in Astranaar. There, we will act as a moblie reserve, to assist the Silverwings and other Sentinel garrisons in Ashenvale as needed.

All current and future leaves of absence are also hereby canceled until further notice. All Sentinels of the regiment are expected to be under arms until this potential threat has been dealt with.

We will not allow any Horde treachery to go unanswered or unpunished.

I expect the highest level of discipline, bravery, and professionalism during our mission. Cowardice in the face of the enemy, insubordination, or failure to do one's duty will be met with severe repercussions.

KALIMDOR EXPECTS ALL SENTINELS TO DO THEIR DUTY.

Signed,

Cmdr. A. Wintershade
A little kindness goes a long way.
#13812231 Jul 11, 2018 at 12:11 PM
Commander
2098 Posts
OOC Notes:

Against the Storm will begin our first Battle for Azeroth storyline. It will parallel the 8.0 pre-patch event that leads up to the burning of Teldrassil. The patch will, of course, drop before this storyline is concluded. But as far as our guild cannon is concerned, the actual destruction of Teldrassil and Darnassus won't happen until our storyline reaches that point. Keep that in mind!

More to come...
A little kindness goes a long way.
#13815019 Jul 15, 2018 at 02:50 PM
Commander
2098 Posts

Assembly in Darkshore. The Sentinels prepare to march into Ashenvale.


Two columns of nightsabers, protected above by a flight of hippogryph riders.


A grim discovery. The Sentinels come across a slain Ashenvale Sentinel and her rider. From the clues they find, she seems to have been a courier ambushed by a Sin'dorei assassin.


Another grim discovery awaits the Sentinels. Maestra's Post has been attacked by a large force of Horde grunts, backed by numerous demolishers.


Moving quickly before the Post defenders are overrun, the Sentinel riders move up the hill behind the Horde war party in hopes of taking it by surprise.


The nightsaber riders charge down into the Horde forces, while the hippogryph riders swoop down from above. The Sentinels take the Horde by surprise, but outnumbered five to one, it still proves a long and difficult battle.


The battle continues. The Sentinels finally manage to drive off the Horde war party, but at the cost of two hippogryphs and many wounded Sisters.


After the battle. Moon Priestess Maestra informs the Sentinels that no word has been heard from Ashenvale for her pleas for help. Commander Wintershade sends her hippogryph riders to investigate...


Shocklingly, Astranaar has been overrun by Horde forces, their massive army currently encamped around the ruined town.


The Sentinels stand little chance against such a massive Horde army, so they withdraw with any survivors from Maestra's Post.


They halt at Orendil's Retreat to rest and regroup. Here they hope to protect the vital crossroads leading into Darkshore, and hopefully to link up with other Ashenvale survivors.

A little kindness goes a long way.
#13815023 Jul 15, 2018 at 02:52 PM
Commander
2098 Posts
(Remember, we are currently camped at Orendil's Retreat in Darkshore until further notice! Your characters can return to Darnassus, but only with good reason.)
A little kindness goes a long way.
#13815186 Jul 15, 2018 at 08:32 PM · Edited 4 months ago
Guardian
257 Posts
((I think I snagged a pretty cool shot of our awesome Hippogriff team...!))

Iyora's family Tumblr: https://kaldoreiyarns.tumblr.com/

#13815397 Jul 16, 2018 at 05:12 AM
Sentinel
37 Posts
That is awesome!

(I am living vicariously through these shots and stories, keep them coming.)
#13815848 Jul 16, 2018 at 08:05 PM
Sentinel
46 Posts
Cleaia and Shaddowsoul fending themselves from some vicious orcs.






I guess some Gladiator movie motivational speech came after this one.




Sorry if I screw posting the images, i always do.

#13818008 Jul 19, 2018 at 03:08 PM · Edited 4 months ago
Commander
2098 Posts


*A torn and blood-stained missive, delivered by an exhausted courier.*

Cmdr. A. Wintershade

The Horde have begun fortifying and garrisoning their stronghold at Zoram'gar. Numerous supply and troopships have also begun to arrive, delivering materiel for their war effort. This cannot continue. I have ordered three ships from our fleet to attack at the earliest opportunity. Your regiment will provide support. No effort should be sparred to ensure the success of this operation.

I pray that a merciful Elune may grant us victory and deliver us from our enemies.

Signed,

Genl. Feathermoon


A little kindness goes a long way.
#13822238 Jul 25, 2018 at 12:57 PM
Commander
2098 Posts

Forming up. The Sentinels have been ordered to assist the Night Elf fleet with disrupting the Horde supply base at Zoram'gar.






Planning their next move. The Sentinels scout ahead and find Zoram'gar to be an impregnable fortress, and themselves to be heavily outnumbered. As they reconnoiter, the Night Elven ships arrive and begin a fierce battle with three Horde vessels trapped in the bay.


The Sentinels quickly move to assist, their hippogryph riders ferrying boarding parties onto the Horde vessels...


Here, they battle not only the ships' crews, but the captains as well. Meanwhile, massive saw blades from the Horde artillery fly overhead and strike the Night Elf ships.




The hippogryph riders move on to their next task, eliminating the Horde artillery that is pummeling the Night Elf ships from afar.




Despite their best efforts, the Night Elf ships take heavy damage and are forced to withdraw. The Sentinels do likewise, but find themselves nearly surrounded by Horde forces swarming out of the woods to the west.


With no other course left to them, they quickly retreat to the north, through a narrow gap leading into Darkshore. The Horde wolf-riders are close on their heels...


Miraculously, a wall of forest wisps guards entry into Darkshore, allowing the Sentinels through, but blocking any further pursuit by the Horde.


Tired and worn, the Sentinels make their way to the Grove of the Ancients to rest and await further orders.

A little kindness goes a long way.
#13822328 Jul 25, 2018 at 03:19 PM
Commander
2098 Posts
(Keep in mind we won't catch up with all the Darkshore quests until Saturday.)
A little kindness goes a long way.
#13827218 Aug 01, 2018 at 01:14 PM · Edited 3 months ago
Commander
2098 Posts

Adellwyna calls her Sentinels together for a hasty assembly. The wisp wall has been breached, allowing the entire Horde army to now flood into Darkshore. They have been ordered further north to Wildbend River, where the combined Night Elf forces have dug in for a final stand.








Arrival at the Wildbend River. Tasked with reinforcing the right flank of the line, the Sentinels quickly make their dispositions: three squads deploy on the ground, while the hippogryph riders keep a watchful eye from above.


Not a moment too soon. Not long after the Sentinels deploy their forces, the Horde army arrives on the southern edge of the river. Foot soldiers beyond number, backed by war machines and wind riders, surge forward to attack...


A massive battle ensues up and down the entire length of Darkshore, as the Horde army tries to break the Night Elf line.


Backed by towering Ancient Protectors, glaive throwers, and druidic magic, the Night Elves manage to throw back the Horde forces again and again.




The long retreat. During a lull in the fighting, it is discovered that another Horde army has found their way behind the Night Elf defensive line, descending down the mountainside from Felwood. With no other recourse but to retreat and avoid being surrounded, the Sentinels, along with the rest of the Kaldorei forces, fall back to Lor'danel.


The last bastion. After a grueling forced march, the Sentinels arrive in Lor'danel. Off the coast they find the combined Night Elf fleet, while the town itself is crowded with refugees and defenders.
A little kindness goes a long way.
#13827221 Aug 01, 2018 at 01:16 PM
Commander
2098 Posts
(Reminder: The burning of Teldrassil has taken place in-game, but not yet in our guild storyline.)
A little kindness goes a long way.
#13830272 Aug 05, 2018 at 11:25 AM · Edited 3 months ago
Commander
2098 Posts


"If you are able, save them a place inside you,
And save one backward glance when you are leaving,
for the places they can no longer go.

Be not ashamed to say you loved them,
though you may, or may not have always.
Take what they have left, and what they have
taught you with their dying, and keep it as your own.

And in that time that when men decide, and feel safe,
to call the war insane, take one moment,
to embrace these gentle heroes you left behind."


-Major Michael Davis O'Donnell
A little kindness goes a long way.
#13830286 Aug 05, 2018 at 11:58 AM · Edited 3 months ago
Commander
2098 Posts

Final assembly. Adellwyna addresses her Sentinels for perhaps the last time, explaining that they are to hold the perimeter around Lor'danel's northern beach and protect the refugees there. She gives them one last standing order: hold until overrun, then disperse and regroup in the Stonetalon Mountains.




The battle begins. The Sentinels' line protecting the beach is painfully thin, and with no glaive-throwers or Ancients of War to provide support, they must rely solely on blades and arrows to hold back the Horde tide.


The Sentinels are only part of a larger Night Elf force desperately trying to hold Lor'danel. As the battle on the beach rages, fighting can be heard behind them in and around the town. Horde zepplins begin to drop bombs and soldiers from above.


For every Night Elf defender, there seems to be ten Horde attackers.




Pushed back onto the beach. The Sentinels fall back, trying to tighten their lines. Behind them, Lor'danel begins to burn.


Seeing the shore defenses begin to crumble, the Night Elf fleet begins to raise anchor and withdraw into the relative safety of the ocean. With nowhere else to go, the remaining refugees begin to flee towards Lor'danel.




Overrun. The Horde army is simply too many to hold back, and they finally break through the Night Elf lines. The Horde banner has been raised above Lor'danel, and the remaining refugees are killed or captured on the beach. Seeing Adellwyna pulled into a mass of orc grunts and the rest of the regiment in a hopeless situation, Huntress Ever-Tear give the final command to disperse and make their way to Stonetalon.

Behind them, Teldrassil begins to burn....
A little kindness goes a long way.
#13830289 Aug 05, 2018 at 12:12 PM
Commander
2098 Posts
(The world tree is burning...but not destroyed...yet.

There will be a follow-up event this coming Saturday that takes place in Darnassus during the attempted evacuation. You will each need to decide something, though.

You have the option to have your Sentinel character attempt to make her way to Darnassus and help with the evacuation, if she's able to.

Or, if your character was knocked out, captured, or decides to follow orders and make her way to Stonetalon, you'll be welcome to bring an alt to the next event instead.

I realize there will be a week-long gap between events, but timeline-wise it will happen right after the Lor'danel battle.

Between now and Saturday, think about whether your Sentinel character would try to help with the evacuation, or if you want to bring an alt. Either is is perfectly fine.

Keep some things in mind though: What happened to her during and after the battle for Lor'danel? If your character does help with the evacuation, how does she manage to reach Teldrassil? And if she heads to Stonetalon, think about how she might get there and the dangers she would face. Did she travel alone? Did she other Sentinels to travel with?

The travel to Stonetalon will mostly be handled 'off-camera,' but if you would like to roleplay it out in small or personal RPs, I strongly encourage it. Or perhaps write up a story and post it here on the guildsite!

As always, if you have any questions, just ask.)
A little kindness goes a long way.
#13830528 Aug 05, 2018 at 09:37 PM
Friends!
69 Posts
Unbelievable

:(
"Yea I've been around Azeroth. It's a beautiful place. For 1 whole minute. Then I noticed trade chat."
#13831366 Aug 06, 2018 at 11:39 PM · Edited 2 months ago
Recruit
5 Posts


Guardian Iyora's squad taking in the destruction in horror.
#13834795 Aug 11, 2018 at 04:15 PM · Edited 3 months ago
Commander
2098 Posts


When searching a building, roll a d10 to see what you find:

1. Building is fully consumed in flames, you cannot see anyone dead or alive inside.

2. Structure has just begun to burn. Survivors are huddled inside. (roll d4)

3. Yet undamaged, but empty of survivors.

4. Building is wreathed in flames, you can hear desperate calls for help inside. (roll d4)

5. Structure is on fire, its inhabitants were overcome by smoke or flame. Unconscious? (roll d4)

6. Building is fully consumed in flames, you can glimpse bodies inside, none moving.

7. Building is nearly lost to the fire, but you can hear cries for help inside. (roll d4)

8. Undamaged, survivors taking refuge inside. (roll d4)

9. The building collapses into a burning heap as you reach it!

10. Structure has just begun to burn, but is empty of any survivors.
A little kindness goes a long way.
Page 1